Friday, July 16, 2010

South Dakota Here We Come!

I'm learning more and more about why Nebraskans don't like Iowa. I always told people it was because of their speed limit and taking forever to get across. But now I am learning about the fields of endless corn, the gravel roads, and the countless hills. Wait, I forgot about the heat. Never the more I do have to say it reminds me more and more of Nebraska and the miles of openness.  Yesterday as we were riding 100+ miles another rider made a comment about the greenness of everything. We had the beautiful blue skys with the green field covered hills and the random trees throughout the landscape in front of us. It was a peaceful moment as the pain of miles and heat kicked in. I'm sad to see Iowa go but I am looking forward to what South Dakota has to offer. It seems like yesterday we began our journey and it is in South Dakota we hit our half way mark. Now when we tell people where we came from we get crazy looks. Before it was more of where we were going. So ready or not here we come South Dakota.

No comments:

Post a Comment