Monday, July 12, 2010

Iowa where the corn never ends.

So growing up in Nebraska I have seen my share of corn fields. But I am finding out that Iowa by far has more then I ever thought. I guess that is why Iowa is like the number one corn producer in the United States. So far we have seen corn, corn, and some more corn. I do have to say that it is quite beautiful and I am loving it. Today I was in the van driving. It was somewhat of a crazy day with a detour half way through the day making it over 100 miles. Then right after the first group arrived we heard the rain coming. Now that is crazy. Within seconds the rain was pouring and everyone there jumped into the van. We thought the storm would pass over quickly but it hang around more of the afternoon. It would come and go but overall it poured the whole afternoon making for a very cold and wet afternoon. Once people started arriving at the host we welcomed them with towels and hot chocolate to warm them up. I don't remember which host gave us hot chocolate but today it was a life saver and I want to thank you for that!!!!!! Well tomorrow is a short day and I am so ready for bed so I am calling it an early night. Hope all is well where ever you are and I send blessings your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment