Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pontiac, IL News

Today on the way into Pontiac, IL we were meet with the news. They took this amazing photo of the group at our lunch stop, which was under the only tree in the area. I was driving but was also able to get into the photo. As a leader we drive every fourth day so we are able to get our gear from location to location. It's been interesting learning how to drive a trailer around and I will have many funny stories to share with you some day. Once we arrived into Pontiac we went to a local diner and had some amazing food. Olivia and I then went for a little walk around town to pick up some local information. On the way there we saw a radio station and decided we needed to see if we could get a spot on the air. Within minutes we were back in the studio talking about the trip. I couldn't believe how nice everyone was and how opened they were to helping in any way. Tomorrow is our day off here and many people are finding ways to get to Chicago. I'm just going to hang out around town, get some good rest, and maybe cook some Chinese food.  Just depends on what I can find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment