Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ready or not...

The weeks have quickly past and yesterday I arrived in Charleston, SC greeted by some great old friends and many more new ones. Today was an off day so we spent the morning relaxing, attending church, and exploring the town. Tomorrow is my first ride day of the 2012 FCBA and I am really excited to get on the road. Each day is a new day on the road but it's so much more. Getting out biking and riding for families in so much need. This last year I have gotten to travel to some of the poorest places in the world and see first hand families living in conditions I would never wish upon anyone. My trip to Peru was one of the hardest and the families really touched my heart. That is why for this year I am riding to raise money for two families. Families which daily face challenges to find food, to provide a roof over there head, or even clean water to drink. So each mile I will think about those families, their suffering and the daily trials they face. So join me this week and help me help families have a simple, decent and affordable place to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment