Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wind and Hills

This week was a week of hills and head winds. Over the last seven days I took to my new bike and 'Covered Indiana.' For the last three years I have help organize a week long bike tour for Habitat for Humanity here in Indiana. This year I had a great time and was able to get prepared for a life on the road. The week started out with head winds and ended, yes, with head winds. Tuesday was the worst with 30 mph head winds for 70 miles. It is a tradition for me to bring in the end group and I held to that once again. Tuesday morning brought many bike repairs and a long day. We did not make it to lunch tell 3 p.m. then I had a conference call at 4 so I stayed around while the group went ahead. I left lunch a little before 5 with 35 more miles left to go. I thought I would have to be picked up but with a pair of fresher legs I headed out strong, making it in to the host a little before 8. Over the week we had some good laughs. It really made me excited for the summer. I am proud to also say that I did not even walk up any of the hills for those who make fun of how slow I go. It's not about speed, it's about the journey! For now I will rest and tomorrow I will be off again for another journey on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment